I’ve been working on a variety of things these last two weeks. I got the Graduation Quilt layered up and I’m ready to start the quilting this coming week. I got the Bug Quilt (you remember this one)
completely quilted. Now it needs binding.
I started two NEW things. One for the youngest grandkid and one for donation.
I have always loved string quilts, but I’ve never made one. I decided it was time to remedy that. So working out of my scrap bin, I started the donation quilt with 9″ blocks. And because one new project is not enough! :-D, I started another one with 5″ blocks. The smaller size is for a new diaper changing pad for Calvin. He’s now 6 months old and is getting longer than the changing pads I made for him as a newborn. I have many, many blocks left to complete for the donation quilt, but Calvin’s pad is together and in the process of being quilted.
This is it pre quilting. I think I like the process, even though it is not the fastest piecing to do. So I will continue on with the donation quilt! 😀
In anticipation of the Cain Park Art Festival, I need to get my updated/reworked website launched. The reason that wasn’t done MONTHS ago is that I (yes, me!) was supposed to add content pages. And I have not. But now there’s a deadline. So I started (it will be a slow process) with taking pictures of my blank note cards. They are 4″ x 5″ cards. Just big enough to say, “thinking of you” but not so big you are pressured by the empty space to write much of anything more!
Then I looked at what I have in stock for my coaster sets. These are 5″ x 6″ mini quilts that some people call Mug Rugs. I do not have a very large stock so I worked on adding to my inventory.
And that, friends, is what work I have been doing these last two weeks. Have a good weekend!