#String Quilt

I got my string quilt top completed, the backing put together, layered the quilt up, and am almost done quilting it!  Yea!!!!

The quilting in the “string” part of the quilt is in the ditch quilting. But in the bands, this is what I’ve chosen to do.

Now I am on to my next project!  I have a picture.  Actually I have two pictures.

Hmmm…could be the start of a series.  But I think I will start with the top picture.  I assembled the fabrics from my stash, but I reserve the right to shop….if I feel I need to!  The blacks were quite easy to decide on.

The whites were less easy.

Since I wasn’t quite sure that the prints would work or if they would be too distracting, I made a couple of blocks to see how they would look.

I am satisfied with them, but once again, the scale is just too large.  So as I’ll save these for part of the backing, and cut narrower strips for the top of the quilt.  Now to begin!

But in bigger news:  my newest grandson, Calvin Joseph Dingeldein was born Sunday evening!  I can’t wait to see him!

 

Related Post